HD Version of the Legendary Arcade Video Game Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network in January for $14.99
“NFL Blitz was one of the great arcade classics of the 90s, and now we’re bringing back everything fans loved at a great price, in high-definition and as a digital download”“NFL Blitz was one of the great arcade classics of the 90s, and now we’re bringing back everything fans loved at a great price, in high-definition and as a digital download,” says Cam Weber, general manager of American Football for EA SPORTS. “The new NFL Blitz will preserve the competitive nature of the original game, while delivering to fans the ultimate rivalry experiences online.”
The recharged NFL Blitz offers fans the opportunity to battle rivals 7-on-7, fight their way through the Blitz Gauntlet, or take over the online leaderboards in Blitz Battles. Challenging to master, yet easy to pick up and play, NFL Blitz has something exciting to offer for all football fans:
- Classic Blitz Gameplay – Fast-paced football action at its best, featuring the 7-on-7 wide-open gameplay of the original arcade hit. Two minute quarters, 30 yards for a first down, no penalties, exciting tackles and, of course, players ON FIRE!
- Blitz in HD – For the first time in franchise history, Blitz hits the gridiron in high-definition. Take to the field with top players from each of the 32 NFL teams, play in all 31 NFL stadiums and battle fantasy bosses from the Gauntlet at the Blitz Coliseum.
- Ultra-Responsive Controls – Running at 60fps/60Hz, the pick-up-and-play controls perfectly replicate the twitch arcade experience. Disrupt the opposition with stiff arms, knock down receivers before a catch, dive to tackle ball carriers, and hurdle pass for the big play…all with the touch of a button.
- Blitz Battles – Challenge the competition online in head-to-head matches or team up (on a single console or online) 2-on-2, ranking up local, regional, and national Battle Boards - all the way to the Blitz Hall of Fame.
- Blitz Gauntlet – The ultimate single-player challenge! Battle through a multi-tiered Gauntlet, taking on NFL teams and exclusive fantasy character bosses in the Blitz Coliseum. Take down the fantasy character bosses to unlock them for use in all modes.
- Elite League – Join the Elite League and strive to create the perfect squad of ultimate players. Purchase card packs using Blitz Bucks earned through online* games to collect players to customize your lineup. Collect an entire NFL team of players to unlock powerful Pro and Ultimate players that give your team the competitive edge. Change the game in unique ways by acquiring and using Power Ups to further your advantage on the field. For the ultimate rush, risk one of your valuable players in a winner-takes-all Risk and Reward game.
- Online Co-op – Grab a teammate on the couch or join a friend online and crush the competition in classic Blitz 2-on-2 style. Track your records against friends to show who owns the Blitz gridiron.
- Blitz Store—Earn Blitz Bucks in every online* game mode, then head to the Blitz Store to purchase a ton of intense content. Build your Blitz Elite League team by purchasing card packs and power-ups. Customize your Blitz Battles team with new logos and banners. Take the Blitz experience to the next level with a slew of gameplay and visual cheats. Go behind the scenes and unlock concept art and the famous Blitz cheerleaders.
- Blitz Booth Commentary – The two-man booth includes past NFL Blitz play-by-play announcer, Tim Kitzrow, along with actor Brian Haley. The perfect pair to voice NFL Blitz, Kitzrow and Haley’s humorous commentary augments the over-the-top arcade football experience.
NFL Blitz is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon. NFL Blitz has been rated “E10+” by the ESRB.
For exclusive NFL Blitz news and assets please visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FEASPORTSNFLBlitz&esheet=50035424&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FEASPORTSNFLBlitz&index=4&md5=295f3fcd0b7ef29bc73b9517eef24f29http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNFLBlitz&esheet=50035424&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNFLBlitz&index=5&md5=be08c80c8b64e302dda6ddcfe83080a8. Be a part of the discussion on Twitter by using #NFLBlitz. For more information about NFL Blitz please visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ea.com%2Fnfl-blitz&esheet=50035424&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ea.com%2Fnfl-blitz&index=6&md5=4d1096d80e1faa161adcf2bd49a8e6a6.
All player participation has been facilitated by National Football League Players Incorporated, the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association.
EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers experiences that ignite the emotions of sport through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.easports.com%2F&esheet=50035424&lan=en-US&anchor=www.easports.com&index=7&md5=b771421f47e23e984cf6240c55e9452c to connect, share and compete.
* Internet connection and EA/Origin account required.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield, and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.ea.com&esheet=50035424&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.ea.com&index=8&md5=fc96fbd5264452afd471754b766157b1.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS Active, EA Mobile, POGO and Blitz are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, FIFA, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods, and PGA TOUR are trademarks of their respective owners and used with permission. Xbox LIVE is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies and is used under license from Microsoft. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2011 NFL Properties LLC. Team names/logos/indicia are trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.
Officially Licensed Product of National Football League Players Incorporated.